The consultation 'Give and take? Human bodies in medicine and research' closed on 13 July 2010.
The Council would like to thank everyone who contributed to the consultation. The responses are being considered by the Working Party. A report with recommendations for policy will be published in autumn 2011.
Where permission has been granted, the responses will be available to download after the Working Party has published its report.
Although the consultation has now closed, you can still download the consultation paper which provides background information and sets out a number of questions, including:
How far should we as a society go in encouraging or even incentivising people to provide material?
What control should a person providing material have over its future use?
Can useful comparisons be made with people taking part 'healthy volunteer' clinical trials where people 'give over' their body for a short time for research purposes?
- Scottish strategy on organ donation includes suggestion of funeral costs of donor families
- Welsh Government approves opt-out system for organ donation
- New teaching resources: organ and tissue donation
- Council gives evidence on Wales organ donation Bill
- Education - Teaching resource: organ and tissue donation