Terms of reference
To identify and consider the ethical, legal and social issues that arise from the use of novel neurotechnologies to intervene in the human brain in both clinical practice and non-medical settings.
To explore ethical issues from the communication and representation of neuroscientific research to intervene in the brain in the media and by researchers.
To draft a report and make recommendations for research, policy, governance and public engagement.
- New guidance on transcranial magnetic stimulation echoes Council’s call for more evidence collection
- Neurotechnology - Communication and the media
- Neurotechnology - Non-medical uses: enhancement, gaming, military
- Neurotechnology - Regulation
- Neurotechnology - Care of patients and research participants