The future of ageing
Current in-depth inquiry
This inquiry is exploring ethical questions in relation to the role of science and technology in helping people live well in old age.
We commissioned a deliberative public dialogue to help explore people’s views on our draft recommendations and provisional findings on key issues addressed by our in-depth inquiry.
We have run a series of creative engagement workshops to enable our working group to hear directly from older people about their experiences of science and health technologies and their views on how these might affect their lives in future.
These engagement workshops consisted of the following:
- Online workshop with members of the Bristol Older People’s Forum
- Open forum with members of the Greater Manchester Older People’s Network, in collaboration with Sonder Radio
- Workshop with the West Bromwich African Caribbean Resource Centre
- Intergenerational roundtable event in Exeter
- Workshop with Growing Older with Learning Disabilities network in Greater Manchester
Call for evidence and survey
We ran an open call for evidence and survey for practitioners that work with older people from June - August 2021.