Our bioethics briefing notes provide a concise summary of the key ethical and social issues raised by developments in biological and medical research.
Our policy briefings are much shorter than our reports and primarily aimed at policy-makers or those with an interest in the topic that would like a quick, but concise overview.
We have published briefing notes on the following topics:
- The search for a treatment for ageing
- Whole genome sequencing of babies
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in healthcare and research
- Patient access to experimental treatments
- Disagreements in the care of critically ill children
- Medical implants
- Meat alternatives
- Ethical considerations in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Fair and equitable access to COVID-19 treatments and vaccines
- COVID-19 antibody testing and 'immunity certification'
- Egg freezing in the UK
- Ten questions on the next phase of the UK's COVID-19 response
- Vaccine access and uptake
Explore our briefing notes
FIND OUT MORE