Egg freezing in the UK
- There is increasing interest in egg freezing in the UK.
- The Government is considering whether
storage limits for ‘social’ egg freezing should be changed from a maximum of ten
years. There appear to be few arguments
against increasing this limit.
- The way ‘social’ egg freezing is presented
and marketed is potentially of concern and
should be the focus of closer attention.
- ‘Successful’ egg freezing can be measured in a variety of ways that can be difficult for women to navigate. There is a pressing need for available data on likely success rates to be presented clearly, accessibly, and transparently.
- If more UK companies start to offer egg freezing as an employment benefit, women’s experiences of using such schemes should be a focus of research.