The use of GM crops in developing countries
A draft version of the discussion paper was published for comment in June 2003. The Council received 83 responses from more than 20 countries. The Working Group wish to thank them for their valuable comments.
View individual consultation responses.
You can download the draft discussion paper that was published for consultation:
The Working Group is very grateful to the following individuals for providing valuable insights into issues relating to the use of genetically modified crops in developing countries.
- Mr Alex Wijeratna, Food Rights Campaign Coordinator, ActionAid, UK
- Dr Richard Tapper, Advisor, UK Food Group, ITDG (Intermediate Technology Development Group)
- Professor Ingo Potrykus, Professor Emeritus, Institute of Plant Science, ETH Zuerich
- Professor Julian Kinderlerer, Professor of Law, University of Sheffield, UK
- Dr Andrew Bennett, Executive Director, Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture, Basel
- Professor Gordon Conway, President, The Rockefeller Foundation, USA